Here at The Pro’s Closet we constantly see unique items that are literally straight out of the pro’s closets. Since our normal auction format doesn’t always show off the detail in these “Pro Issue” items, we will be featuring them through these featured auction episodes.
First up, a Garmin San Remo team issue speedsuit by Castelli.
Speed suits aren’t practical for road riding for two reasons.
One is that speed suits have no pockets and the other is that it’s difficult to relieve yourself while wearing a speesd suit. Castelli designed the Garmin SanRemo Speed Suit to tackle both of these problems and create the most aerodynamic road kit yet. Wind tunnel testing has shown that wearing the San Remo Speed Suit saves 12 to 15 watts compared to a standard aero jersey. That equates to roughly 45 seconds an hour.
- Unstitched overlapping front portion allows you to relieve yourself quickly
- Engineered aero dimples create turbulence at the surface of the material for improved aerodynamics
- Long zip with overlapping front opening
- 3 rear pockets with limited-stretch back to keep pockets in place
- Progetto X2 Air seat pad for famous x2 comfort and improved air flow
Stay tuned for more hard to find auctions hitting our auction block daily. Literally from The Pro’s Closet to YOURS!