The Receiving handler is responsible for un-packaging bikes, components, and accessories that are received by TPC. You are expected to receive/sort/assemble product in accordance with company standards and proficiently use the company data to receive inventory against
The position calls for someone who can maintain a clean, safe, and organized work environment. Working individually and as part of a team, extended standing, and some heavy lifting of 50 lbs or more will be expected. Maintaining a positive, helpful attitude is imperative in this position. Flexibility and a willingness to help in any way possible are needed in our small, dynamic team environment.
● Daily participation in a proactive team environment that involves a ‘lean process’ approach
to continuous process improvement in everything we do.
● Verifying received inventory details, applying labels, assembly of select inventory.
● Accuracy, Efficiency, and Presentation are the cornerstones of the receiving process.
● Carefully un-packaging Bikes, Frames, and Wheels to validate/confirm receipt of proper goods
● Maintaining a clean, organized, and safe work environment with the guidance of the Manager. This includes cleaning and organizing shipping and bicycle tools, and cleaning/sweeping the work area.
● As part of the shipping department, will assist with shipping and pre-pack as necessary
● Demonstrating proficiency with our computer systems and software.
● In addition to on-the-job training, the employee is encouraged to use, enjoy and better
understand our products outside of work. Get out and ride!
● Ability to work in a standing position for extended periods, and lift up to 50 pounds
● Experience with bicycles is a plus but not required
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong interpersonal skills.
● Strong organizational skills with a high attention to detail.
● A positive and professional attitude and a consistent work ethic must be self-motivated and work well alone as well as on a team in a shop/warehouse atmosphere.
● A passion for working in a high growth business is critical, as the pace and expectations of the culture require a commitment to excellence.
● A passion for success, a positive and friendly attitude and a consistent work ethic are all a must.
● A passion for the outdoors.
COMPENSATION / BENEFITS
The Pro’s Closet offers a generous compensation package that includes paid time off, health, dental, vision and life insurance, employee stock options, and competitive hourly wages. The pay scale for this position is $13.50-$16.50 per hour based on experience.
The Pro’s Closet offers a benefits package which includes: 2 weeks paid vacation, 6 paid holidays, paid birthday, health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance and life insurance. Employees can earn an additional 4 paid days off for commuting to work.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Please include in your cover letter some background information on your experience or knowledge you may have working with bikes and bike components.
The Pro’s Closet (TPC) is the world’s largest retailer of previously-owned bikes and cycling gear. We purchase bikes and components from manufacturers, retailers, and individuals and work alongside bike shops to help customers trade in their old bikes for a new one. What sets us apart from our competition is the care we put into our bikes before sale. Our team of professional mechanics clean, inspect, and tune dozens of bikes every day, ensuring our customers have the best experience when buying a bike from us.
Founded in 2007 by Nick Martin, a former professional mountain biker, The Pro’s Closet is now a 40 person company headquartered in the cycling hub of Boulder, CO. Our office is a casual, yet fast-paced environment where t-shirts are the norm and dogs roam free. We love bikes, and offer weekly staff lunch rides, additional vacation days for commuting, and liberal employee discounts. With generous benefits, casual work environment, and opportunities for growth, this is a great time to join our team.
The Pro’s Closet is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcome all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion or other legally protected status.