We are seeking a Receiving handler to process inbound inventory. The perfect candidate will be a fellow bike nerd with a strong attention to detail and the ability to work on their feet throughout the day.
The Pros Closet (TPC) is the world’s largest retailer of previously owned and overstock bikes and cycling gear on eBay.
TPC helps bike retailers, athletes, manufacturers, and bike enthusiasts sell their gear in a hassle-free way. TPC currently operates exclusively on eBay and study’s auction science to sell its inventory quickly and efficiently.
Founded in 2007 by a former professional mountain biker living out of his Volkswagen Bus, The Pro’s Closet started as a hobby and quickly grew into an easy way for professional cycling teams to sell their used gear. Since then, TPC has become a highly regarded e-commerce destination for people around the world to buy and sell previously owned bikes and gear.
With just under 40 employees in our casual, yet fast-paced environment, we recently received an investment from an experienced investment firm to expand our marketplace beyond eBay and to further accelerate our rapid growth. With deep industry relationships, we are already the leader in what we do and we’re barely scratching the surface. This is an exciting time to join us!
To be the trusted marketplace for cyclists to buy and sell gear they use to pursue the sport they
love. Our marketplace is built to inspire cyclists to discover more ways to extend their ride by
unlocking the value in gear that already exists.
The Receiving handler is responsible for un-packaging bikes, components, and accessories that are received by TPC. You are expected to receive/sort/assemble product in accordance with company standards and proficiently use the company data to receive inventory against
The position calls for someone who can maintain a clean, safe, and organized work environment. Working individually and as part of a team, extended standing, and some heavy lifting of 50 lbs or more will be expected. Maintaining a positive, helpful attitude is imperative in this position. Flexibility and a willingness to help in any way possible are needed in our small, dynamic team environment.
- Daily participation in a proactive team environment that involves a ‘lean process’ approach
to continuous process improvement in everything we do.
- Verifying received inventory details, applying labels, assembly of select inventory. Accuracy, Efficiency, and Presentation are the cornerstones of the receiving process.
- Carefully un-packaging Bikes, Frames, and Wheels to validate/confirm receipt of proper goods
- Maintaining a clean, organized, and safe work environment with the guidance of the Manager. This includes cleaning and organizing shipping and bicycle tools, and cleaning/sweeping the work area.
- As part of the shipping department, will assist with shipping and pre-pack as necessary
- Demonstrating proficiency with our computer systems and software.
- In addition to on-the-job training, the employee is encouraged to use, enjoy and better
understand our products outside of work. Get out and ride!
- Ability to work in a standing position for extended periods, and lift up to 50 pounds
- Experience with bicycles is a plus but not required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills with a high attention to detail.
- A positive and professional attitude and a consistent work ethic must be self-motivated and work well alone as well as on a team in a shop/warehouse atmosphere.
- A passion for working in a high growth business is critical, as the pace and expectations of the culture require a commitment to excellence.
- A passion for success, a positive and friendly attitude and a consistent work ethic are all a must.
- A passion for the outdoors.
COMPENSATION / BENEFITS
The Pros Closet offers competitive compensation for the outdoor industry. The pay scale for this position is $13.50-$16.50 per hour.
The Pros Closet offers a benefits package which includes: 2 weeks paid vacation, 6 paid holidays, paid birthday, health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance and life insurance. Employees can also earn an additional 4 paid days off for commuting to work.
The Pros Closet also offers generous discounts on gear.
The successful candidate will have an opportunity to make instant and substantial contributions to the success of the company. The Pros Closet is one of the fastest growing companies in the outdoor industry.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include in your cover letter some background information on your experience or knowledge you may have working with bikes and bike components.
The Pro’s Closet is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcome all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion or other legally protected status.