The Purchasing Associate is responsible for responding to customer inquiries through The Pro’s Closet reactive purchasing channels.
The Purchasing Associate must quickly and accurately identify products and the associated market value. Their role is responsible for developing and communicating transactional purchase offers to our customer base. The associate will drive seller loyalty by delivering excellent service throughout each customer experience. The position calls for a high level of attention to detail and consistency as well as a deep knowledge of bikes and components. The associate is expected to stay organized in a fast-paced work environment, work both independently and as part of a team, manage inventory and perform data entry.
- Achieve agreed upon purchasing targets and outcomes within schedule
- Establish, develop and maintain positive business and customer relationships
- Coordinate purchasing efforts with team members and other departments
- Make proactive outbound touches, and assume responsibility of inbound reactive touches, to/from potential and existing customers by telephone and e-mail
- Participate in and develop strategies for continuous quality improvement of purchasing process and workflow.
- Two to four years of sales or buying experience, preferably in the bike, ski or outdoor industry
- Strong bike knowledge and overall competency in being able to identify various bike components is important for success in this role
- Ability to interpret sales data to generate competitive offers.
- College degree preferred.
- Excellent communication, negotiation and selling skills
- Flexible schedule including some weekends
- Experience with CRM practices.
- Positive attitude and willingness to work in a friendly team environment
COMPENSATION / BENEFITS
The Pro’s Closet offers a generous compensation package that includes paid time off, health, dental, vision and life insurance, employee stock options, and competitive salary.
The Pro’s Closet offers a benefits package which includes: 2 weeks paid vacation, 6 paid holidays, paid birthday, health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance and life insurance. Employees can earn an additional 4 paid days off for commuting to work.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include any information about your background working with bikes and components in your cover letter.
The Pro’s Closet (TPC) is the world’s largest retailer of previously-owned bikes and cycling gear. We purchase bikes and components from manufacturers, retailers, and individuals and work alongside bike shops to help customers trade in their old bikes for a new one. What sets us apart from our competition is the care we put into our bikes before sale. Our team of professional mechanics clean, inspect, and tune dozens of bikes every day, ensuring our customers have the best experience when buying a bike from us.
Founded in 2007 by Nick Martin, a former professional mountain biker, The Pro’s Closet is now a 40 person company headquartered in the cycling hub of Boulder, CO. Our office is a casual, yet fast-paced environment where t-shirts are the norm and dogs roam free. We love bikes, and offer weekly staff lunch rides, additional vacation days for commuting, and liberal employee discounts. With generous benefits, casual work environment, and opportunities for growth, this is a great time to join our team.
The Pro’s Closet is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcome all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion or other legally protected status.