We are seeking a Product Specialist who can input new incoming product information into our database. The perfect candidate will be a fellow bike nerd with a strong attention to detail and the ability to work on their feet throughout the day.
The Pros Closet (TPC) is the world’s largest retailer of previously owned and overstock bikes and cycling gear on eBay. TPC helps bike retailers, athletes, manufacturers, and bike enthusiasts sell
their gear in a hassle-free way. TPC currently operates exclusively on eBay and study’s auction
science to sell its inventory quickly and efficiently.
Founded in 2007 by a former professional mountain biker living out of his Volkswagen Bus, The
Pro’s Closet started as a hobby and quickly grew into an easy way for professional cycling teams to
sell their used gear. Since then, TPC has become a highly regarded e-commerce destination for
people around the world to buy and sell previously owned bikes and gear.
With just under 40 employees in our casual, yet fastpaced environment, we recently received an
investment from an experienced investment firm to expand our marketplace beyond eBay and to
further accelerate our rapid growth. With deep industry relationships, we are already the leader
in what we do and we’re barely scratching the surface. This is an exciting time to join us!
To be the trusted marketplace for cyclists to buy and sell gear they use to pursue the sport they
love. Our marketplace is built to inspire cyclists to discover more ways to extend their ride by
unlocking the value in gear that already exists.
- Daily participation in a proactive team environment that involves a ‘lean process’ approach
to continuous process improvement in everything we do.
- Sorting and organizing new incoming product up to the The Pros Closet standards.
- Developing and creating new processes.
- Managing The Pros Closet content and databases.
- Demonstrating proficiency with our computer systems and software.
- In addition to onthejob training, the employee is encouraged to use, enjoy and better
understand our products outside of work. Get out and ride!
- The ability to identify the brand and model for new incoming product and link that product with the items in The Pro’s Closet database.
- Must understand The Pro’s Closet’s auction science and product listing strategies
- Ability to work in a standing position for extended periods, and lift up to 50 pounds
- Strong organizational skills with a high attention to detail.
- A positive and professional attitude and a consistent work ethic must be self-motivated and work well alone as well as on a team in a shop/warehouse atmosphere.
- A passion for working in a high growth business is critical, as the pace and expectations of the culture require a commitment to excellence.
- A passion for success, a positive and friendly attitude and a consistent work ethic are all a must.
- A passion for the outdoors.
COMPENSATION / BENEFITS
The Pros Closet offers competitive compensation for the outdoor industry. The pay scale for this position is $13.00-$25.00 per hour.
The Pros Closet offers a benefits package which includes: 2 weeks paid vacation, 6 paid holidays, paid birthday, health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance and life insurance. Employees can also earn an additional 4 paid days off for commuting to work.
The Pros Closet also offers generous discounts on gear.
The successful candidate will have an opportunity to make instant and substantial contributions to the success of the company. The Pros Closet is one of the fastest growing companies in the outdoor industry.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include in your cover letter some background information on your experience or knowledge you may have working with bikes and bike components.
The Pro’s Closet is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcome all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion or other legally protected status.