We are seeking a Photographer who can take high-quality photos of bikes and bike parts for our eBay store. The perfect candidate will be a fellow bike nerd with a strong attention to detail.
The Pros Closet (TPC) is the world’s largest retailer of previously-owned and overstock bikes and cycling gear on eBay. TPC helps bike retailers, athletes, manufacturers, and bike enthusiasts sell their gear in a hassle-free way. TPC currently operates exclusively on eBay and study’s auction science to sell its inventory quickly and efficiently.
Founded in 2007 by a former professional mountain biker living out of his Volkswagen Bus, The Pro’s Closet started as a hobby and quickly grew into an easy way for professional cycling teams to sell their used gear. Since then, TPC has become a highly-regarded e-commerce destination for people around the world to buy and sell previously-owned bikes and gear.
With just under 40 employees in our casual, yet fast-paced environment, we recently received an investment from an experienced investment firm to expand our marketplace beyond eBay and to further accelerate our rapid growth. With deep industry relationships, we are already the leader in what we do and we’re barely scratching the surface. This is an exciting time to join us!
To be the trusted marketplace for cyclists to buy and sell gear they use to pursue the sport they love. Our marketplace is built to inspire cyclists to discover more ways to extend their ride by
unlocking the value in gear that already exists.
The photographer is responsible for supplying the posting department with high quality, detailed photographs in the required amount of necessary to represent a product accurately on eBay. You will work in a studio environment in which you take and edit photographs of all the cycling product to be sold on eBay.
The position calls for a high level of attention to detail and consistency. Maintaining a positive, helpful attitude is imperative in this position. Flexibility and a willingness to help in any way possible are needed in our small, dynamic team environment. Time management skills, including the ability to work efficiently, accurately, and be self-motivated, are expected.
- Daily participation in a proactive team environment that involves a ‘lean process’ approach
to continuous process improvement in everything we do.
- Maintaining the flow of consignor and investment product through photography and
software editing systems, and the overall organization of the department.
- Supplying continuous photographed product to the posting department.
- Maintaining daily productivity expectations of at least 60 photos per hour.
- Planning, recording, and editing video for in-house projects.
- Demonstrating proficiency with our computer systems and software.
- In addition to on-the-job training, the employee is encouraged to use, enjoy and better
understand our products outside of work. Get out and ride!
- Two to four years of experience in the bike, and/or outdoor industry.
- Prior photography and/or editing experience preferred but not required.
- College degree preferred but not required.
- Proficient understanding of Mac computers and typing skills of at least 40 words per minute.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills with a high attention to detail.
- A positive and professional attitude and a consistent work ethic must be self-motivated and work well alone as well as on a team in a shop/warehouse atmosphere.
- A passion for working in a high growth business is critical, as the pace and expectations of the culture require a commitment to excellence.
- A passion for success, a positive and friendly attitude and a consistent work ethic are all a must.
- A passion for the outdoors.
COMPENSATION / BENEFITS
The Pros Closet offers competitive compensation for the outdoor industry. Pay is dependent on experience.
The Pros Closet offers a benefits package which includes, paid vacation, holidays, and birthday, health, dental, and vision, plus 4 paid days off for riding your bike into work.
The Pros Closet also offers generous discounts on gear. We have a commuting program to earn paid days off and after one year of full-time service we offer a week’s paid vacation.
The successful candidate will have an opportunity to make instant and substantial contributions to the success of the company. The Pros Closet is one of the fastest growing companies in the outdoor industry.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include in your
cover letter some background information on your experience or knowledge you may have working with bikes and bike components.
The Pro’s Closet is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcome all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion or other legally protected status.