We are seeking a Shipping and Receiving handler to process orders and package inventory. The perfect candidate will be a fellow bike nerd with a strong attention to detail and the ability to work on their feet throughout the day.
The Pros Closet (TPC) is the world’s largest retailer of previously-owned and overstock bikes and cycling gear on eBay. TPC helps bike retailers, athletes, manufacturers, and bike enthusiasts sell their gear in a hassle-free way. TPC currently operates exclusively on eBay and study’s auction science to sell its inventory quickly and efficiently.
Founded in 2007 by a former professional mountain biker living out of his Volkswagen Bus, The Pro’s Closet started as a hobby and quickly grew into an easy way for professional cycling teams to sell their used gear. Since then, TPC has become a highly-regarded ecommerce destination for people around the world to buy and sell previously-owned bikes and gear.
With just under 40 employees in our casual, yet fast-paced environment, we recently received an investment from an experienced investment firm to expand our marketplace beyond eBay and to further accelerate our rapid growth. With deep industry relationships, we are already the leader in what we do and we’re barely scratching the surface. This is an exciting time to join us!
To be the trusted marketplace for cyclists to buy and sell gear they use to pursue the sport they love. Our marketplace is built to inspire cyclists to discover more ways to extend their ride by unlocking the value in gear that already exists.
The Shipping and Receiving department is responsible for packaging bikes, components, and accessories for shipment to customers. You are expected to apply protective packaging in accordance with company standards and proficiently use the company shipping software to print labels and identify the correct shipping service for each order.
The position calls for someone who can maintain a clean, safe, and organized work environment. Working individually and as part of a team, extended standing, and some heavy lifting of 50 lbs or more will be expected. Maintaining a positive, helpful attitude is imperative in this position. Flexibility and a willingness to help in any way possible are needed in our small, dynamic team environment.
- Daily participation in a proactive team environment that involves a ‘lean process’ approach to continuous process improvement in everything we do.
- Verifying order details, applying protective packaging, and identifying the best box/bag/package for a variety of orders. Accuracy, Efficiency, and Presentation are the cornerstones of the packing process.
- Processing orders and printing shipping labels using shipping software to identify the correct shipping service for each order.
- Carefully packaging Bikes, Frames, and Wheels in preparation for shipment.
- Maintaining a clean, organized, and safe work environment with the guidance of the
Manager. This includes stocking boxes and shipping supplies, cleaning and organizing
shipping and bicycle tools, and cleaning/sweeping the work area.
- Demonstrating proficiency with our computer systems and software.
- In addition to on-the-job training, the employee is encouraged to use, enjoy and better
understand our products outside of work. Get out and ride!
- Ability to work in a standing position for extended periods, and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Experience with bicycles is a plus but not required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills with a high attention to detail.
- A positive and professional attitude and a consistent work ethic must be self-motivated and work well alone as well as on a team in a shop/warehouse atmosphere.
- A passion for working in a high growth business is critical, as the pace and expectations of the culture require a commitment to excellence.
- A passion for success, a positive and friendly attitude and a consistent work ethic are all a must.
- A passion for the outdoors.
COMPENSATION / BENEFITS
The Pros Closet offers competitive compensation for the outdoor industry. Pay is dependent on experience.
The Pros Closet offers a benefits package which includes, paid vacation, holidays, and birthday, health, dental, and vision, plus 4 paid days off for riding your bike into work.
The Pros Closet also offers generous discounts on gear. We have a commuting program to earn paid days off and after one year of full-time service we offer a week’s paid vacation.
The successful candidate will have an opportunity to make instant and substantial contributions to the success of the company. The Pros Closet is one of the fastest growing companies in the outdoor industry.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include in your cover letter some background information on your experience or knowledge you may have working with bikes and bike components.
The Pro’s Closet is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcome all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion or other legally protected status.