We are seeking an Online Sales Specialist to post items for sale on our eBay store at optimum
prices. The perfect candidate will be a fellow bike nerd with a strong attention to detail and strong
The Pros Closet (TPC) is the world’s largest retailer of previously owned and overstock bikes and
cycling gear on eBay. TPC helps bike retailers, athletes, manufacturers, and bike enthusiasts sell
their gear in a hassle free way. TPC currently operates exclusively on eBay and study’s auction
science to sell its inventory quickly and efficiently.
Founded in 2007 by a former professional mountain biker living out of his Volkswagen Bus, The
Pro’s Closet started as a hobby and quickly grew into an easy way for professional cycling teams to
sell their used gear. Since then, TPC has become a highly regarded e-commerce destination for
people around the world to buy and sell previously owned bikes and gear.
With just under 40 employees in our casual, yet fast-paced environment, we recently received an
investment from an experienced investment firm to expand our marketplace beyond eBay and to
further accelerate our rapid growth. With deep industry relationships, we are already the leader
in what we do and we’re barely scratching the surface. This is an exciting time to join us!
To be the trusted marketplace for cyclists to buy and sell gear they use to pursue the sport they
love. Our marketplace is built to inspire cyclists to discover more ways to extend their ride by
unlocking the value in gear that already exists.
The Online Sales Specialist is responsible for researching and creating eBay auctions to the highest
standards in the industry. You are in charge of reviewing items and setting the optimal prices to
post them for sale on eBay. You are an important part of our business as the primary revenue and
profit driver for the company.
The position calls for regular, close communication with consumers, clients and other
departments within the company. Maintaining a positive, helpful attitude is imperative in this
position. Flexibility and a willingness to help in any way possible are needed in our small,
dynamic team environment. Time management skills, including the ability to work efficiently,
accurately, and be self-motivated, are critical. Knowledge of bikes is a must.
- Daily participation in a proactive team environment that involves a ‘lean process’ approach
to continuous process improvement in everything we do.
- Creating and maintaining eBay auctions while applying The Pro’s Closets proven auction
science methodology. Your goal is to ensure that each auction nets top market value within
our target time and sellthru rate.
- Answering customer questions and communicating with our clients so they know the
current status of their auctions
- Maintaining daily productivity expectations with regards to number of eBay auctions listed.
- Demonstrating proficiency with our computer systems and software.
- In addition to on-the-job training, the employee is encouraged to use, enjoy and better
understand our products outside of work. Get out and ride!
- Two to four years of customer service and/or retail experience, preferably in the bike, ski
or outdoor industry. A passion for bikes is a MUST. Strong bike knowledge and overall
competency in being able to identify various bike components is important for success in
- College degree preferred.
- Proficient understanding of Mac computers and typing skills of at least 40 words per minute.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills with a high attention to detail.
- A positive and professional attitude and a consistent work ethic must be self-motivated and work well alone as well as on a team in a shop/warehouse atmosphere.
- A passion for working in a high growth business is critical, as the pace and expectations of the culture require a commitment to excellence.
- A passion for success, a positive and friendly attitude and a consistent work ethic are all a must.
- A passion for the outdoors.
COMPENSATION / BENEFITS
The Pros Closet offers competitive compensation for the outdoor industry. Pay is dependent on experience.
The Pros Closet offers a benefits package which includes, paid vacation, holidays, and birthday, health, dental, and vision, plus 4 paid days off for riding your bike into work.
The Pros Closet also offers generous discounts on gear. We have a commuting program to earn paid days off and after one year of full-time service we offer a week’s paid vacation.
The successful candidate will have an opportunity to make instant and substantial contributions to the success of the company. The Pros Closet is one of the fastest growing companies in the outdoor industry.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include in your
cover letter some background information on your experience or knowledge you may have working with bikes and bike components.
The Pro’s Closet is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcome all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion or other legally protected status.