The Merchandising Associate is responsible for maintaining our product catalog and ensuring
our products are successfully presented for sale across our sales channels. Daily tasks include
researching products, gathering product details, identifying market price trends, and inputting
key data into our catalog. The successful candidate has a deep knowledge of bikes and bike
components, and is very detail oriented. This is a critical role in our business as you are
ultimately responsible for presenting our products to customers.
The position calls for a very high attention to detail and accuracy, as we provide the
highest level of product detail in our industry. Maintaining a positive, helpful attitude is
imperative in this position. Flexibility and a willingness to help in any way possible are
needed in our small, dynamic team environment. Time management skills, including the
ability to work efficiently, accurately, and be self-motivated, are critical. Knowledge of
bikes and components is a must.
● Research products and their attributes and market price trends
● Maintain our robust product catalog, including the addition of new products, and
ensuring existing products are error free
● Catalog bikes and their associated details and enter into the catalog. Knowledge
of bike components and geometry required
● Generate product, marketplace, and productivity reports for management
● Manage the flow of products to our various sales channels and ensure the
correct product is for sale on the correct channel
● In addition to on-the- job training, the employee is encouraged to use, enjoy and
better understand our products outside of work. Get out and ride!
● Demonstrating proficiency with our computer systems and software.
● Participate in the constant improvement of the Merchandising and Cataloging
process and workflows
● Two to four years of customer service and/or retail experience, preferably in the
● A passion for bikes is a must.
● Strong bike knowledge and overall competency in being able to identify various bike
components is important for success in this role.
● College degree preferred.
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong interpersonal skills.
● Strong organizational skills with a high attention to detail
● Positive attitude and willingness to work in a friendly team environment
COMPENSATION / BENEFITS
The Pro’s Closet offers a generous compensation package that includes paid time off,
health, dental, vision and life insurance, employee stock options, and competitive hourly
wages. The pay scale for this position is $15-$25 per hour based on experience.
The Pro’s Closet offers a benefits package which includes: 2 weeks paid vacation, 6 paid
holidays, paid birthday, health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance and life
insurance. Employees can earn an additional 4 paid days off for commuting to work.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please
include any information about your background working with bikes and components in
your cover letter.
The Pro’s Closet (TPC) is the world’s largest retailer of previously-owned bikes and cycling
gear. We purchase bikes and components from manufacturers, retailers, and individuals and
work alongside bike shops to help customers trade in their old bikes for a new one. What
sets us apart from our competition is the care we put into our bikes before sale. Our team of
professional mechanics clean, inspect, and tune dozens of bikes every day, ensuring our
customers have the best experience when buying a bike from us.
Founded in 2007 by Nick Martin, a former professional mountain biker, The Pro’s Closet is
now a 40 person company headquartered in the cycling hub of Boulder, CO. Our office is a
casual, yet fast-paced environment where t-shirts are the norm and dogs roam free. We love
bikes, and offer weekly staff lunch rides, additional vacation days for commuting, and liberal
employee discounts. With generous benefits, casual work environment, and opportunities for
growth, this is a great time to join our team.
The Pro’s Closet is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcome all qualified applicants.
Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national
origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion or other legally protected status.