We are seeking an Inventory Controller to manage inventory and perform inventory counts. The perfect candidate will be a fellow bike nerd with a strong attention to detail and the ability to work on their feet throughout the day.
The Pros Closet (TPC) is the world’s largest previouslyowned and overstock bikes and cycling gear on eBay. TPC helps bike retailers, athletes, manufacturers, and bike enthusiasts sell their gear in a hasslefree way. TPC currently operates exclusively on eBay and study’s auction science to sell its inventory quickly and efficiently.
Founded in 2007 by a former professional mountain biker living out of his Volkswagen Bus, ThePro’s Closet started as a hobby and quickly grew into an easy way for professional cycling teams to sell their used gear. Since then, TPC has become a highlyregarded e-commerce destination for people around the world to buy and sell previouslyowned bikes and gear.
With just under 40 employees in our casual, yet fastpaced environment, we recently received an investment from an experienced investment firm to expand our marketplace beyond eBay and to further accelerate our rapid growth. With deep industry relationships, we are already the leader in what we do and we’re barely scratching the surface. This is an exciting time to join us!
- Daily participation in a proactive team environment that involves a ‘lean process’ approach to continuous process improvement in everything we do.
- Inventory Location: Assigning locations to all items being stored in bins, shelves, and mezzanine locations.
- Inventory Cycle Counts: Performing scheduled inventory counts on all product
- General Inventory Organization: Organization, Consolidating, etc. to keep up with ebb and flow of product on shelves and prepare for new product
- Receiving / Sorting: Assist with product intake and sorting as needed
- Order Picking: Assist with order picking as needed
- In addition to on-the-job training, the employee is encouraged to use, enjoy and better understand our products outside of work. Get out and ride!
- Ability to work in a standing position for extended periods, and lift up to 50 pounds
- A passion for working in a high growth business as the pace and expectations of the culture require both a high attention to detail and a commitment to excellence.
- Strong organizational skills with a high attention to detail.
- Experience with bicycles is a plus but not required
- A passion for success, a positive and friendly attitude and a consistent work ethic are all a must.
- A passion for the outdoors.
COMPENSATION / BENEFITS
The Pros Closet offers competitive compensation for the outdoor industry. The pay scale for this position is $13.50-$16.50 per hour.
The Pros Closet offers a benefits package which includes: 2 weeks paid vacation, 6 paid holidays, paid birthday, health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance and life insurance. Employees can also earn an additional 4 paid days off for commuting to work.
The Pro’s Closet also provides generous discounts on gear.
The successful candidate will have an opportunity to make instant and substantial contributions to the success of the company. The Pro’s Closet is one of the fastest growing companies in the outdoor industry.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include in your
cover letter some background information on your experience or knowledge you may have working with bikes and bike components.
The Pro’s Closet is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcome all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion or other legally protected status.