We are seeking a full time, on site, developer to help us build out a new eCommerce platform. This is a unique opportunity to work in an exciting, dynamic environment and obtain broad exposure to all aspects of systems architecture, development and operations management. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated passionate developer ready to come along for the ride!
The Pros Closet (TPC) is the world’s largest retailer of previously owned and overstock bikes and cycling gear on eBay. TPC helps bike retailers, athletes, manufacturers, and bike enthusiasts sell
their gear in a hassle-free way. TPC currently operates exclusively on eBay and study’s auction
science to sell its inventory quickly and efficiently.
Founded in 2007 by a former professional mountain biker living out of his Volkswagen Bus, The
Pro’s Closet started as a hobby and quickly grew into an easy way for professional cycling teams to
sell their used gear. Since then, TPC has become a highly regarded e-commerce destination for
people around the world to buy and sell previously owned bikes and gear.
With just under 40 employees in our casual, yet fast paced environment, we recently received an
investment from an experienced investment firm to expand our marketplace beyond eBay and to
further accelerate our rapid growth. With deep industry relationships, we are already the leader
in what we do and we’re barely scratching the surface. This is an exciting time to join us!
“Extend the Ride”
To be the trusted authority and marketplace for cyclists to buy and sell high quality, pre-owned bikes and cycling gear. Our marketplace is built to inspire cyclists to discover more ways to extend their ride by unlocking the value in gear that already exists.
The eCommerce Developer position involves the design, development, deployment and administration of all systems related to running our business. Currently, we market all of our merchandise through eBay. We are building out a multi-channel technology framework to allow us to enter other channels and market directly to our customers effectively. You will be a critical component helping us achieve that objective. Maintaining a positive, team-minded attitude is imperative in the company. Flexibility and a willingness to help in any way possible are needed in our small, dynamic team environment. TPC has a unique culture that is deeply engaged in lean manufacturing which promotes an environment of continuous process improvement in everything we do.
- Software Development – build and maintain internal systems, including inventory management, data warehouse, eCommerce site, and web site for managing our business.
- Program necessary infrastructure to support marketing initiatives.
- Assist staff with technical issues.
- Help oversee the security and operational integrity of our systems.
- In addition to on-the-job training, employees are encouraged to use, enjoy and better understand our products outside of work. Get out and ride!
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar technical degree.
- Server Side Development: PHP, MySql, Python, Unix/Ubuntu, Bash(/bin/sh)
- WordPress: Administration, Design, Development, Add-Ons
- MySQL: Access from PHP, Query Design, Database Design, Database Administration
- Scalable Cloud Design and Administration: Amazon Web Services
- Quality Assurance: Unit Test Development
- DevOps: Software Deployment and system administration
- Software Process Management: JIRA, Agile, Scrum
- Large scale data collection and analysis.
- Experience in overseeing a production environment.
- Python, Web Design, Shopify, Magento, Drupal other eCommerce/CMS platform all nice to have.
COMPENSATION / BENEFITS
The Pros Closet offers competitive compensation for the outdoor industry. Salary will be competitive and based on experience.
The Pros Closet offers a benefits package which includes: paid vacation, 6 paid holidays, paid birthday, health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance and life insurance.
Employees can also earn an additional 4 paid days off for commuting to work.
The Pros Closet also offers generous discounts on gear. The successful candidate will have an opportunity to make instant and substantial contributions to the success of the company.
The Pros Closet is one of the fastest growing companies in the outdoor industry.
HOW TO APPLY
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume and cover letter highlighting relevant experience. Please make the subject line: “eCommerce Developer – Your Name”. Absolutely no recruiters, thank you.
The Pro’s Closet is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcome all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion or other legally protected status.