The Customer Service Representative ensures that our customer experience is exceptional and upholds our commitment to supplying the same level of customer service one would expect from their trusted local shop, only in an online marketplace. The Customer Service manager responsibilities include but not limited to organizing and maintaining client and customer communications as well as upholding our company’s policies.
The position calls for regular, close communication with consumers, clients and other departments within the company. Maintaining a positive, helpful attitude is imperative in this position. Flexibility and a willingness to help in any way possible are needed in our small, dynamic team environment. Time management skills, including the ability to work efficiently, accurately, and be self-motivated, are critical. Knowledge of bikes is a plus.
● Daily participation in a proactive team environment that involves a ‘lean process’ approach to continuous process improvement in everything we do.
● Training, managing, and tracking the policy development and deployment of the customer service department.
● Isolating and identify areas of improvement.
● Working with management on customer service initiatives.
● Managing communications within eBay. This includes but is not limited to customer questions, messages, feedback profile, DSR ratings, and Resolution Center.
● Managing overall communication with clients and customers.
● Investigating issues with customers / clients and finding solutions.
● Answering and managing the phone system and directing calls.
● Overseeing the return processes.
● Demonstrating proficiency with our computer systems and software.
● In addition to on-the-job training, the employee is encouraged to use, enjoy and better understand our products outside of work. Get out and ride!
● Two to four years of customer service and/or retail experience, preferably in the bike industry.
● College degree preferred.
● Proficient understanding of Mac computers and typing skills of at least 40 words per minute.
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong interpersonal skills.
● Strong organizational skills with a high attention to detail.
● A positive and professional attitude and a consistent work ethic must be self-motivated and work well alone as well as on a team in a shop/warehouse atmosphere.
● A passion for working in a high growth business is critical, as the pace and expectations of the culture require a commitment to excellence.
● A passion for success, a positive and friendly attitude and a consistent work ethic are all a must.
● A passion for the outdoors.
COMPENSATION / BENEFITS
The Pro’s Closet offers a generous compensation package that includes paid time off, health, dental, vision and life insurance, employee stock options, and competitive hourly wages. The pay scale for this position is $14.00-$17.50 per hour based on experience.
The Pro’s Closet offers a benefits package which includes: 2 weeks paid vacation, 6 paid holidays, paid birthday, health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance and life insurance. Employees can earn an additional 4 paid days off for commuting to work.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include in your cover letter some background information on your experience or knowledge you may have working with bikes and bike components.
The Pro’s Closet (TPC) is the world’s largest retailer of previously-owned bikes and cycling gear. We purchase bikes and components from manufacturers, retailers, and individuals and work alongside bike shops to help customers trade in their old bikes for a new one. What sets us apart from our competition is the care we put into our bikes before sale. Our team of professional mechanics clean, inspect, and tune dozens of bikes every day, ensuring our customers have the best experience when buying a bike from us.
Founded in 2007 by Nick Martin, a former professional mountain biker, The Pro’s Closet is now a 40 person company headquartered in the cycling hub of Boulder, CO. Our office is a casual, yet fast-paced environment where t-shirts are the norm and dogs roam free. We love bikes, and offer weekly staff lunch rides, additional vacation days for commuting, and liberal employee discounts. With generous benefits, casual work environment, and opportunities for growth, this is a great time to join our team.
The Pro’s Closet is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcome all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion or other legally protected status.