We are seeking a Customer Service Representative who can address the needs and concerns of our customers on our eBay store. The perfect candidate will be a fellow bike nerd with a strong attention to detail and strong computer skills.
The Pros Closet (TPC) is the world’s largest retailer of previously-owned and overstock bikes and cycling gear on eBay. TPC helps bike retailers, athletes, manufacturers, and bike enthusiasts sell their gear in a hassle-free way. TPC currently operates exclusively on eBay and study’s auction science to sell its inventory quickly and efficiently.
Founded in 2007 by a former professional mountain biker living out of his Volkswagen Bus, The Pro’s Closet started as a hobby and quickly grew into an easy way for professional cycling teams to sell their used gear. Since then, TPC has become a highly-regarded e-commerce destination for people around the world to buy and sell previously-owned bikes and gear.
With just under 40 employees in our casual, yet fast-paced environment, we recently received an investment from an experienced investment firm to expand our marketplace beyond eBay and to further accelerate our rapid growth. With deep industry relationships, we are already the leader in what we do and we’re barely scratching the surface. This is an exciting time to join us!
To be the trusted marketplace for cyclists to buy and sell gear they use to pursue the sport they love. Our marketplace is built to inspire cyclists to discover more ways to extend their ride by unlocking the value in gear that already exists.
The Customer Service Representative ensures that our customer experience is exceptional and upholds our commitment to supplying the same level of customer service one would expect from their trusted local shop, only in an online marketplace. The Customer Service manager responsibilities include but not limited to organizing and maintaining client and customer communications as well as upholding our company’s policies.
The position calls for regular, close communication with consumers, clients and other departments within the company. Maintaining a positive, helpful attitude is imperative in this position. Flexibility and a willingness to help in any way possible are needed in our small,dynamic team environment. Time management skills, including the ability to work efficiently, accurately, and be self-motivated, are critical. Knowledge of bikes is a plus.
- Daily participation in a proactive team environment that involves a ‘lean process’ approach to continuous process improvement in everything we do.
- Training, managing, and tracking the policy development and deployment of the customer service department.
- Isolating and identify areas of improvement.
- Working with management on customer service initiatives.
- Managing communications within eBay. This includes but is not limited to customer questions, messages, feedback profile, DSR ratings, and Resolution Center.
- Managing overall communication with clients and customers.
- Investigating issues with customers / clients and finding solutions.
- Overseeing the return processes.
- Demonstrating proficiency with our computer systems and software.
- In addition to on-the-job training, the employee is encouraged to use, enjoy and better understand our products outside of work. Get out and ride!
Answering and managing the phone system and directing calls.
- Two to four years of customer service and/or retail experience, preferably in the bike industry.
- College degree preferred.
- Proficient understanding of Mac computers and typing skills of at least 40 words per minute.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills with a high attention to detail.
- A positive and professional attitude and a consistent work ethic must be self-motivated and work well alone as well as on a team in a shop/warehouse atmosphere.
- A passion for working in a high growth business is critical, as the pace and expectations of the culture require a commitment to excellence.
- A passion for success, a positive and friendly attitude and a consistent work ethic are all a must.
- A passion for the outdoors.
COMPENSATION / BENEFITS
The Pros Closet offers competitive compensation for the outdoor industry. The pay scale for this position is $13.50-$17.50 per hour.
he Pros Closet offers a benefits package which includes: 2 weeks paid vacation, 6 paid holidays, paid birthday, health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance and life insurance. Employees can also earn an additional 4 paid days off for commuting to work.
The Pros Closet also offers generous discounts on gear.
The successful candidate will have an opportunity to make instant and substantial contributions to the success of the company. The Pros Closet is one of the fastest growing companies in the outdoor industry.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include in your
cover letter some background information on your experience or knowledge you may have working with bikes and bike components.
The Pro’s Closet is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcome all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion or other legally protected status.