The Pro’s Closet (TPC) is looking for an experienced accounting professional to manage our accounting and treasury functions, and assist our CFO in financial planning and reporting.
Reporting to the CFO in our Boulder headquarters, you will primarily be responsible for day to day cash management, all accounting functions, and financial reporting. Initially you will supervise a part-time bookkeeper, but the business is growing rapidly and we anticipate growing the accounting team accordingly.
● Supervise or perform all accounting and financial operations including the
general ledger, revenue, inventory and cost of goods sold, A/P, A/R, etc.
● Manage month-end closing process; close books within 5 business days
● Prepare accurate and timely financial reports for management and investors
● Coordinate monthly/quarterly/annual sales and income tax filings, as well as
business registrations, licenses, etc.
● Manage external auditors; respond to PBC requests as necessary
● Assist CFO in creation of annual budgets, and regular reporting of budget to
● Research GAAP standards when questions of accounting treatments arise
● Create and document standard accounting procedures for the organization
● Participate in the continuous improvement of Finance department processes and
● Bachelor’s degree required; CPA preferred
● Mastery of basic accounting concepts. Experience with cost accounting preferred,
particularly in a manufacturing environment
● 5+ years of progressive finance and accounting experience, including experience
supervising staff accountants and/or bookkeepers
● Excellent written and oral communication skills
● Ability to develop, implement and manage financial systems and processes
● Advanced Excel skills and ability to adapt to new systems quickly
COMPENSATION / BENEFITS
Compensation includes competitive salary, commensurate with experience, as well as
stock option grants.
Benefits include: 3+ weeks of PTO, health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance
and life insurance.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No calls or
in-person applications accepted.
The Pro’s Closet (TPC) is the world’s largest retailer of previously-owned bikes and cycling gear. We purchase bikes and components from manufacturers, retailers, and individuals and work alongside bike shops to help customers trade in their old bikes for a new one. What sets us apart from our competition is the care we put into our bikes before sale. Our team of professional mechanics clean, inspect, and tune dozens of bikes every day, ensuring our customers have the best experience when buying a bike from us.
Founded in 2007 by Nick Martin, a former professional mountain biker, The Pro’s Closet is now a 40-person company headquartered in the cycling hub of Boulder, CO. Our office is a casual, yet fast-paced environment where t-shirts are the norm and dogs roam free. We love bikes, and offer weekly staff lunch rides, additional vacation days for bike commuting, and employee purchase discounts. With generous benefits, a great work environment, and opportunities for growth, this is a great time to join our team.
The Pro’s Closet is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcome all qualified applicants.
Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion or other legally protected status.